Owner, Manager, and Program Director
About This Radio Station
What Is The Blind Advocacy Radio?
The Blind Advocacy Radio is an Internet Radio Station, owned and operated by a blind advocate who cares about advocacy for the blind and the disabled communities. The goal of this radio station is to allow everyone to have a voice on a platform that will accept them. No matter if you are starting off DJing as a hobby, or podcasting part or fulltime, you will always be welcomed into our station!
This radio station is not just for the blind and the visually-impaired. This radio station accepts all people, no matter if you have other disabilities, mentally or physically.
What We Believe?
We believe in the following principles:
- Our radio station will not be a competition between other radio stations. We unite in a community full of other radio stations for the blind, and are willing to partner with a radio station to stream/simulcast their content. We do not like competitions, because all radio stations are created equally in some way.
- Our radio station is inclusive, no matter what gender, race, background, religion, political affiliation, etc.
- We believe in giving a voice to the voiceless on this platform.
- We believe in Uniting everyone together as one. We are all human, as former Congressman John Lewis said back in 2007 during the March for Independence in Atlanta, Georgia.
Supporting People Of Color!
This station supports people of color, meaning that you will hear people from different backgrounds and cultures.
What To Expect?
Here is what you will expect to hear on this radio station.
The Format Of The Radio Station
The format of this radio station consists of music and DJs from all backgrounds. For music, it is mainly today’s music, because well, it is today. We may throw in some music from years back. DJs are welcomed to play any type of genre of music, such as the year’s before the 1990’s/2000’s. We are a family-friendly radio station, which means there is something for everyone! We may have some programs restricted to people who are 18 or older.
A tradition that is slowly dying is church services being played on FM radio stations. While this radio station is only an Internet Radio station, as a Christian, I believe in keeping the tradition of church services alive and thriving. We do this because:
- The gospel can be spread around to places where there is no home church.
- And, we believe that church is the best way to spread the good news about Jesus.
Speaking of churches, we will play christian Music on Sundays, for 21 (21-hours) from midnight until 9:00 PM Eastern. We may also play Christian-related programming during these times.
Meet The Owner/Manager
Armando Vias is a blind advocate from Georgia, United States. He was born blind, at 28-weeks. Armando is a proud alumni of the Georgia Academy For The Blind.
He currently lives in Middle Georgia. He has been on the news. To learn more about Armando, visit his About Page on his website.
You may send a direct email to Armando by emailing email@example.com
Donations Are Welcome!
To offset the costs of operating this radio station, donations are welcomed. If you would like to donate, click here to visit the Donation Page.