Thank you for your interest in joining The Blind Advocacy Radio! Here is what you need to know before joining.
Please read this page fully before joining. We want you to have the best experience.
What The Station Is Looking For?
We are looking for the following DJs, who:
- Are willing to be drama free. This means no drama on our radio station.
- Are honest, respectful, and trustworthy
- are good listeners/communicators
- and, are willing to have fun! And I mean fun!
The Benefits Of Joining Us
Here are the benefits of joining The Blind Advocacy Radio:
- Free training with the StationPlaylist Studio software
- You are able to collaborate with other DJs.
- The ability to attend privately-held meetings, if any (most meetings are opened to the public).
- Help improve our radio station e.g., how can our radio station be better?
- Monthly Zoom chats: This will help you meet new, or even a familiar person!
The Application Process
The application process is straight forward. Please note, that this radio station, when DJing, is subscription-based.
The current subscription price is $15 per month.
Steps To Fill Out The Application
- Fill out the application below by filling out your contact information. Answer a few questions about your show, experience, type of show, etc.
- Upload a sample. If you haven’t DJed before, no worries. This radio station accepts new DJs as well!
- Pay the application fee: The current application fee is $40, as of June of 2022.
- Receive DJ credentials to stream whatever show you are doing.
Guidelines For DJing
Our radio station is relaxed. While we accept all DJs, please keep the following in mind:
- The invoice of $40 must be paid in order to officially be a DJ. You will not be an official DJ until the Invoice is paid.
- There is no drama allowed on this radio station. If drama is to be found from a DJ, his or her DJ credentials will be revoked.
- If a program is for people over 18-years of age, please select that option in the application.
- Answer your questions honestly and accurately.
- And last but not least, have fun!!!
A Note About Simulcasting
We do not allow simulcasting of our radio station, unless permission has been granted by Armando Vias (Owner/Manager). To obtain permission, please email Armando directly.
If you have your own radio station, but would like to syndicate your show instead of DJing, no worries! Visit the Syndication Page to learn more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why The Payment?
We do this to offset costs for running and maintaining the radio station. This will cover the following:
- Licensing of the radio station
- New and updated jingles
- Shows that are bartered, meaning that the station may or may not be paying the show in question.
- The server that Azuracast is running on.
- Other radio station features, including a call-to-listen option, etc.
Will students get a discound?
Yes! Students will receive a 50% off for their DJ registration.
To be eligible, you must have the following:
- You must have a student email address that ends in .edu.
- You must be enrolled in school. If you haven’t registered for any classes, but have an .edu address, then you are eligible.
- Community/University college students are eligible.
If you are ready to fill out the application, click the link below. This will take you to the application, powered by Google Forms.